Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Britain

The quote above is from one of my favorite authors Nick Hornby who happens to be from England which just happens to be my favorite place in the world (even though I've never been)!
I've decided to start reading as the school year has officially begun and so I needed a list of books to read. I thought wouldn't it be great if there was a list of 100 books that I would love, and then I found it on the BBC website. I found the greatest book list ever: http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2003/05_may/17/big_read.shtml .
I'm so excited to start reading not only because 60% of the authors of these books are British, but also because 2 of my favorite books are on that list. It has to be true!

5 comments:

ERIN said...

Afer you read your 100 books, let me know what your top 3 are so I can check them out myself. 100 is too unrealistic for me for my ENTIRE LIFE-- but 3, well, I think I can handle 3 like every 5 or 10 years or so...
I think it's great that you have set some goals for that kind of stuff. It's always nice to keep the old brain working in "normal" mode, sometimes the "mommy mode" just takes over and it's hard to snap out of that!
I neverknew England was your favorite place... ? If I gave you a necklace from ENGLAND I bet you'd still have it!!! Italy just doesnt measure up in your eyes huh? Oh, I see it all so clear now!
You know I'm teasing. You and Julianna will never live it down though for losing jewelry from Italy of all places!
Love,
erin

Buffy said...

About the books, Some of them I'm not gonna read because they didn't look that great, but I figure I could read a book a week or so then I could get through a few this year. I don't think I have an end date on my readings, probably until I get sick of reading.
England has been my favorite place for a long time I think from about the time I started reading Agatha Cristie, but anything from Europe is amazing! I love that necklace you gave me! I also have a necklace from Ireland that Sam's sister Rose gave me. It's really cool too.
I will read the books and tell you my favorite out of the month.

Thanks for commenting Erin! Love ya!

Bethany said...

I think it's great too that you have a book list. Reading is so much fun. Let me know about your favorite books too and I will try them out.
I love seeing all of the pictures of the boys! Keep sending them. It's great to see them doing every day things when I can't see them myself every day!
I hope all is well!

Love,
Bethany

Buffy said...

Beth thanks for looking and commenting! I'll try to get some more pictures on soon!

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.