Sunday, February 24, 2008

When It Rains...

Well, I've had an interesting last few weeks.
First I think it should be know that until January I had one calling and it was wonderful! I could go to Relief Society and Sunday School and just enjoy! Then I received a calling to the Primary. Totally fine because I'm teaching the CTR 5-7 and I love teaching CTR. So life seemed to be fine. I guess my Bishop thought I wasn't quite busy enough so I was asked to be the assistant to the Music Chairman (or something like that). Of course I said yes, and I don't really have to do much I think I'm just a sub for whenever he can't be there. But that's not all!
A few weeks ago (actually Feb.10th) I got a call (while I was on the phone with Ben) from a man on the High Council. I called him back (reluctantly because Stake conference was the next week) and to my great surprise he asked me to be a year leader for girls camp this year! Without knowing anything about the calling I said yes and he told me that I came "highly recommended". Right away I knew who had ratted me out... My Mother-in-law! I guess J. Golden Kimball was right... there are three ways to get a calling... but the one that got me in the end was Relation! Anyway, a few days ago the stake came director sent me an email with all I need to know about girls camp... 12 attachments!!! and a lengthy email! I think I may be over my head with this one!
Moral of the story... Say NO!!!! :)

5 comments:

andrea said...

I love the new look for your blog.

andrea said...

Did you see that Penelope is out in theaters now?

janabigelow said...

Blog looks cute! Sorry about the massive amounts of callings you have now! I guess I should be greatful I only have one!

Katie said...

Buffy! My favorite Sister-in-law! I didn't know you had a blog! Hurray! I love the pink. Post lots of pictures. I want to see my adorable nephews.

janabigelow said...

So do you ever update your blog?